The Canon 5D MKII leaked specs weren’t quite accurate, but the more information got leaked towards the actual release date the more accurate it became.
One thing most people didn’t expect was full HD video (1080P)!
- 21 megapixel CMOS sensor (very similar to the sensor in the EOS-1Ds Mark III)
- Sensor dust reduction by vibration of filter
- ISO 100 – 6400 calibrated range, ISO 50 – 25600 expansion (1Ds Mark III & 5D max ISO 3200)
- Auto ISO (100 – 3200) in all modes except manual
- 3.9 frames per second continuous shooting
- DIGIC 4 processor, new menus / interface as per the EOS 50D
- RAW and SRAW1 (10 MP) / SRAW2 (5 MP)
- RAW / JPEG selection made separately
- Permanent display of ISO on both top plate and viewfinder displays
- AF microadjustment (up to 20 lenses individually)
- 98% coverage viewfinder (0.71x magnification)
- 3.0″ 920,000 dot LCD monitor with ‘Clear View’ cover / coatings, 170Â° viewing angle
- Automatic LCD brightness adjustment (ambient light sensor)
- Movie recording in live view (1080p H.264 up to 12 minutes, VGA H.264 up to 24 mins per clip)
Most people find the frame rate a little slow, but then it can’t be faster or it’d be eating into the Canon EOS 1Ds MKIII section of the market! It’s already full frame and with the same resolution, it’s a dangerous move by Canon..
Much like what Nikon have done with the new Nikon D700 Full Frame dSLR.
There was an awesome video shot by Vincent Laforet here, but it’s been taken down as Canon can’t handle the bandwidth! How crazy is that.
There some more preview stuff here, some high ISO shots here and plenty of other info popping up all over the web.
I have to say even has a Nikon user, this is a fantastic camera!
Full preview here:
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Hands-on Preview