Finally Fuji is innovating compact camera technology again! After their excellent SuperCCD and the legendary Fuji F31fd and it’s not so great successor the Fuji F50fd they are now coming out with the F200EXR.
The new Super CCD EXR provides superior picture quality, enabling a â€œ3-in-1â€ sensor combination of â€œFine Capture Technologyâ€ (High Resolution), â€œPixel Fusion Technologyâ€ (High Sensitivity & Low Noise), and â€œDual Capture Technologyâ€ (Wide Dynamic Range). With an innovative color filter array and image processing technology, the EXR ensures an advanced reproduction in imaging with exceptionally balanced quality.
It basically drops to 6 megapixels for low light or expanded dynamic range, which is plenty enough resolution for the majority of people and the same resolution as the excellent F31fd.
More about the new EXR technology here.
- Super CCD EXR 12 megapixel switchable sensor (6MP in low-light and dynamic range modes)
- 5x (28-140mm equiv.) wide-angle optical zoom lens
- Dual Image Stabilisation
- 3â€ clear view LCD screen
- High sensitivity modes (ISO 6400 at 6MP resolution & 12800 at 3MP resolution)
- Manual controls (including aperture and shutter priority)
- EXR Auto mode selects sensor and scene mode (Portrait, Night, Macro, Landscape. Night portrait & Backlit portrait)
- Film Simulation mode (Provia/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, ASTIA/Soft, Black & White, Sepia)
I’ll be looking forwards to testing this out as I really love the output and colours of the Fuji SuperCCD and with this new EXR technology (apparently the auto mode works very well) it could be a joy to use even in dim conditions.
I just hope the flash is more powerful and it’d a little more responsive than the F31fd. There should be some comprehensive reviews hitting the net soon so I’ll keep you updated.
More here: Fujifilm Finepix F200EXR